- Women and girls will be at grave risk of gender-based violence and discrimination, issues that are already prevalent in Nepal.
- The lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities will be especially vulnerable to discrimination.
- Dalits and indigenous groups that are traditionally the target of appalling social discrimination are likely to be cast aside as relief supplies and services begin arriving in-country.
- Roughly 4 million people who live in Nepal without recognized citizenship will have difficulty getting the help they desperately need.
- The elderly and people living with disabilities and HIV/AIDS are also likely targets for discrimination and abuse.
We need your immediate help to raise the $250,000 required to put our crisis response plans into action immediately, so please be as generous as possible. Donate today.
Our deepest thanks, Bill Schulz - President and CEO of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee