At the recent Community Choice Clean Energy Forum, 89 attendees enjoyed an interesting presentation and filled out 90 post cards to mail to our elected officials. We also collected $166 in donations that will go directly towards our clean energy advocacy efforts.
Our successful postcard campaign will send a strong message for Community Choice Energy. Here are each of the elected officials and the number of postcards they will get:
SD Mayor Faulconer (30). Barbara Bry (4), Lori Zapf (7), Chris Ward (10), Myrtle Cole (1), Mark Kersey (4), Chris Cate (4), Scott Sherman (3), Georgette Gomez (3), County Supervisors (4), Chula Vista (8), National City (1), San Marcos (1), El Cajon (10), Coronado (2).
Special thanks to our partner groups Climate Action Campaign, SanDiego350, Citizens Climate Lobby, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito, and Councilmember Chris Ward.
Thank you Volunteers! What a successful event for Community Choice Energy, all because of your effort!! It took a lot of people to make the event a success (please forgive if I left someone out):
- Planning: Bev Harju, Tom Long, Sylvia Ollinger, Jerry Ollinger, John Holl, Lawrence Hess, James Long, Michael Gilgun
- Refreshments: Sylvia, Bev, Lawrence, Tom, James
- Registration table: Irene Grumman, Kathy Radinosky
- Breakout session leaders: Carl Yaekel, Monica Prado, Laura Colban, Tyson Seigele, Patricia Masters, Larry Emerson, Mark Hughes
- Event Coordinator: Mark Epler
- Thanks to our Action Team Leaders: Laura Colban, Carl Yaeckel, Patricia Masters, Mark Hughes, Monica Prado, Larry Emerson and Tyson from SanDiego 350. Also special thanks to Sylvia and Jerry Oliginger, Michael Gilpin, James Long, Tom Long. While we didn't get to talk in groups and activate the way we had planeed, I saw many of you talking one on one with people afterwards. I can only imagine that this will help us move forward with CCE support!
Thanks always to James Long who went the extra mile as he so often does.